SyncFix No Longer Required
Thank you to everyone who supported SyncFix. This software hasn’t been required for a while now and has only been provided for legacy purposes. However, I will no longer be offering the software for sale.
If you are still getting errors when trying to set up Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook, here are a few things you can try.
1. Make sure you have the latest version
You can always download the latest version here
2. Run an SFC Scan
Sometimes, when upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 or an older version of Office to a newer version, certain files and registry keys don’t get upgraded properly. You can force the system to scan these files and automatically repair them. To do this;
- Open an administrative command prompt (Click here to see how)
- Type “SFC /SCANNOW” without the quotes and press enter
- Wait for the scan to finish then reboot and try to use Google Apps Sync again
3. Run an Online Repair of Office
Try a full online repair of Office 2016 (Click here to see how)
If none of the above options work, you will need to contact the Google team.